Tentamus Services for E-Commerce
Ordering food on the internet is becoming more and more popular. The e-commerce market is growing rapidly – as is the demand for grocery shopping on the internet. Not only large supermarket chains rely on online food trade. Many innovative “niche providers” are now tapping into the market and setting themselves apart from the mainstream with special products.
In order to keep track of the legal requirements in the jungle of producers and suppliers as an online trader, Tentamus E-Commerce provides support in all questions concerning online trade.
Who benefits from the Tentamus E-Commerce Service?
Our E-Commerce Services are aimed at all companies and retailers who would like to sell or already sell their products, such as food, food supplements or cosmetics in online shops.
We support and advise both large and established companies as well as small traders and start-ups.
Tentamus E-Commerce Services
Tentamus E-Commerce Services cover three major key areas: Cold Chain Validation, Online Labelling Testing and Mystery Shopping. We would like to explain these areas in more detail here:
1. Validation of the cold chain
Online retailers in particular need to ensure that the cold chain of your products remains intact from dispatch to your customers’ doorstep to guarantee the safety of the products.
How can the Tentamus Group support you in this? We ensure:
- A successful start to the online dispatch of chilled and frozen food with a secure cold chain.
- The validation of your cold chain according to DIN SPEC 91360
- The optimisation of your cold chain and thus cost savings and expansion of your customer base
- The simulation of different ambient temperatures and worst-case scenarios
Learn more about cold chain validation in our blog:
2. Online Label Checks
In addition to flawless analytical results, products must also be correctly labelled on the internet. This not only counts in terms of legal compliance, but also forms the basis for the consumer’s choice of product.
The Tentamus Group has put together a labelling team that not only takes care of the correct labelling of your products offline, but also checks the information in your online shop or on platforms such as Amazon, Alibaba and Co.
Tentamus E-Commerce Service offers you the following services for e-commerce, among others:
- Declaration according to FIC regulation such as allergen labelling, nutrition declaration, list of ingredients etc.
- Inspection of product images
- Additives according to the Ordinance on the Authorisation of Additives
- Country-specific regulations based on the European Directive on Food Supplements
- Claims according to the Health Claims Regulation
3. Mystery Shopping
How are your products received by your customers? Are the general conditions such as packaging or quality right and is the necessary refrigeration maintained? We can answer these questions with our Mystery Shopping service.
If you book this service, we will carry out one (or more) unannounced, covert and objective checks on your food and evaluate it according to defined quality criteria. In addition, our experienced team will also make sure that all the information on the product is correct and complete.
Afterwards, we send you our evaluation and also go through possible improvement options with you. We also create individual test plans tailored to your products in order to optimise your delivery process.